st. patricks day

Tuesday, March 15, 2016
I don't know about you, but I love any reason to do anything seasonal.

Normally I never really do too much for St. Patrick's Day, it's such a quick holiday on the calendar and I'm not into being pinched.

But this year, I decided to do just a little something.

Mostly I just love an excuse to try new recipes.

So, here is something QUICK, SIMPLE and DELICIOUS!!!

I give you,
St. Patrick's Lucky Cereal Cake.






I found the recipe while visiting my cousins the other weekend. Inspired by the original layout we followed, I decided to take my own spin on it. By that I mean, I just used different cereal and decided it was festive!

step one. 
--melt 4 tablespoons of butter.

step two. 
--add 4 cups of mini marshmallows, mix until melted. 

step three. 
--at your own liberty, add or don't add food coloring.

video

step four. 
--add six cups of your most favorite cereal. 

mmmm yes. 


step five. 
--in a greased round cake pan, add half the crispy mixture. do the same for the other half. 

step six.
--once cooled, remove cereal cake from cake pans. frost top of the first cake (liberally). stack second on top. if there is more frosting, top the second layer (or lick the spoon). add sprinkles, chocolate chips, more cereal, or whatever you'd like!! 

It's SO simple. 
Quick, easy, and so cute!!



--Comment below!! Let me know what you're favorite St. Patrick's Day tradition is. Do you wear green, or just get pinched?

Have a magically delicious afternoon friends :) 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top